Yeah, you read that title correctly…YouTube!
I decided a little while ago to start making book videos instead of book posts, and today is the day that my first video goes live on my new channel!
With that being said, I will post on here every time a video goes live…and this week’s video is the “New to Booktube Tag”!
Hey, guys. I don’t think I have to be the first to tell you that I’ve been absent.
It’s been a while since my last post, 2 months to be exact, and I wanted to give you an update.
Classes for my semester are winding down to an end, and as we speak I am using what little free time I have to bring you an announcement when I should be spending it frantically writing papers.
I am going to be taking a hiatus from my WordPress.
This means that you won’t see any more posts from me on this format until my schedule clears up. I will, however, continue posting on my Instagram account @itsmybirthwrite!
I also have some really exciting plans for the future of It’s My Birth Write, so stay tuned for that!
Garth Nix’s Frogkisser is a refreshing fairy tale adventure that features all of the usual tropes in an unusual and unique way.
If you’ve been following me on Instagram, or even on here, you might know by now that I really love this novel. I love it so much, in fact, that it made it to my top 6 books of 2016 list (which you can read right here) at number 1!
I have quite a lot to say about this novel so this review may end up being very long, but I hope that you read the review nonetheless and that you pick up the novel to read for yourself!
I’ve been seeing this video floating around YouTube for quite some time now, and wanted to hop on the train and participate for myself!
Seeing as I don’t have a YouTube channel (yet) I decided to take the questions and do it on here!
The tag was created by TheBookArcher. Here’s a link to the original video.
Without further ado, let’s get into the tag!
I was tagged by Dannie for the One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you so much, and right back at you!! Dannie is super awesome and runs a blog that chronicles her life living with various chronic illnesses. She’s definitely worth the follow, especially if you face some of the same illnesses she does, or if you’re just looking for someone who’s genuine to follow.
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Post about the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate other people. (15 at most)
- Tell your nominees the good news.
- In my entire lifetime, I’ve had a total of 13 cats (not including the many strays we’ve nicknamed and fed.) I’ve also had 3 dogs and 2 hermit crabs.
- I am a total music lover. My spotify is a weird mix of nearly every music genre, minus country…I loathe country music.
- I’m currently writing a fantasy novel! It’s about hardcore drugs. Fun, right?
- I am currently saving up to buy a video camera so that I can start a YouTube channel. I’ve always wanted to do Booktube, and I think that now would be a great time to actually start doing it.
- 98% of my wardrobe is black.
- I’m a Hufflepuff, and my Patronus is a fox.
- I dabble in watercolor paintings!
- Irena from “Books and Hot Tea”
- Kait from “Kait’s Bookshelf”
- Sam from “RiverMoose-Reads”
- Megan from “Bookslayerreads”
Thank you so much for reading, and sorry for being so absent lately!
I’m coming back super soon with some great, new content!
Even though it’s well into January, I have a Christmassy book review for you guys!
(Part of me still wishes it was Christmas, so this book helped feed that fantasy)
Jay Asher’s What Light is contemporary novel following Sierra, a high school senior, as she travels from her Christmas tree farm in Oregon to her Christmas tree lot down in California.
There she meets Caleb, a local boy with an interesting reputation.